Study In Austria
Study in Austria
The higher education location of Austria unites three very important aspects: a great number of high quality tertiary education institutions in all nine federal provinces, a long academic tradition and an open-minded atmosphere for creativity and innovation. In many areas the Austrian institutions have institutions have accomplished outstanding achievements on an international level and gained high reputation
The Austrian educational system offers you a broad spectrum of educational opportunities, making Austria an ideal place for studying and living.
Higher Education Institutions
Austria combines a long tradition of higher education with state-of-the-art research. Austrian higher education institutions offer an ever-growing number of degree programmes: one can choose between first-class research-based courses at Austrian universities, a world-famous education at any of the universities of the arts, high-quality practice-oriented degree courses at the universities of applied sciences, and sound and up-to-date teacher education and innovative courses at private universities.
It consists of two semesters:
Winter semester (October 1st to January 30th),
Summer semester (March 1st to September 30th)
Bachelor’s programmes: 6-8 semesters
Master’s programmes: 2-4 semesters
Doctoral/PhD programmes: at least 6 semesters.
For Bachelor’s programmes
- Students with non-EU/EEA school leaving certificate:
- Proof of nationality (photocopy of your passport)
- An equivalent secondary school leaving certificate
- Your certificate of special qualification for university studies (orig. German: “Nachweis der besonderen Universitätsreife”): you have to prove that you would be entitled to admission to your chosen degree programme in the country which issued your secondary education diploma.
For master’s programmes:
Successful completion of at least a 6 semester specialized relevant Bachelor’s degree (min 180 ECTS)
For PhD programmes:
Master’s degree in the same field of study as your research proposal or equivalent
In the following table you will find an estimate of the monthly living costs for students (in euros). These figures only serve as a guideline and cannot be seen as binding. Under accommodation costs a place in a student hall of residence has been used as the basis of calculation.
Accommodation € 320 (Including heating and electricity)
Food € 240 (Excluding luxuries and tobacco)
Studies € 290 and personal requirements (Books, culture, recreation)
Total per month € 850
- Official English version of all educational documents including marks sheets.
- Your school/college leaving certificate.
- English version of your all educational documents including mark sheet.
- The test score of a language test you have taken
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
- Copy of your passport
- Reference letter
- Please note that all copies must be certified by a public notary